Saturday, December 8, 2007

[Ayyuha'l Walad Al-Muhib] Hypocrisy

Assalamualaikum wbt ...

After few ngarut posts, we'll continue with another advice from Imam Ghazali to his students. (And for us too,of course)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eight Counsel

Hypocrasy



My Dear Son,

So what have you gained from learning sholastic theology, medicine, administration, poetry, prosody, astronomy, syntax and morphology except to waste your time against the will of the Lord of Majesty.

I saw in the Gospel of Isa a.s that he said:
"From the moment a corpse is placed on the funeral bed until it is placed at the edge of the grave, Allah by His greatness will ask him forty questions. The first of which is: 'O My servant, have you purified [yourself in] the sight of mankind for years and not for one hour have you purified [yourself] for Me.' Everyday He looks into your hearts and says: 'What are you doing for other creatures though you are surrounded by My kindness? Are so you deaf that you cannot hear?'"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its not wrong to study loads, but for whom?
For whom???


"Say, verily my prayer, my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the worlds.."
[Al-An'am 162-163]

No comments: