Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Prisoner.

Assalamualaikum wbt....

I was looking up to my room ceiling in random contemplation. Somehow I ended up staring at the fluorescent lamp (which is not a good idea for your eyes!) and realised.... if I focus my view to the centre of my ceiling, I still can appreciate the four corners of room in my field of vision. Meaning... my room is quite small.
Like this....

It made me think, how big a prison cell is so I stumbled on this...

Picture taken off google image.
..which is a prison cell (a comfy one nonetheless). That kind of resembled my room layout which is like this...

Room layout.
Pertaining to the picture above:
Yes, you need to have maximum dimension of 29 cm at 0-74cm from floor level to pass through that small gap. Thats why I should not gain weight.
Yes, I handmade a table out of duct tape, some metal skeleton of a worn out flail plastic "cupboard".  (So comot and un-lady-like kan? Dont worry, after some homey table runner... it looks kinda okay.) If you need some space for your humongous collection of semi-junk craft and "art" paraphernalia, you will start keeping a another type of junk and make a table out of it. haha.. Okay, its only me.

It have extra storage room and a long rod to hang some random stuff.

Looks kinda sloppy but actually real strong.

The legs completely duct-taped (combination of 2 rods).


Honestly, if I know how to weld I will not use duct tape. But hey, duct tape binds anything! Hahaha...(eh... no it doesn't bind people. Eh... it does... but it doesn't bind people's heart.)

Okay, enough straying....
Thats what you get trying to squash all your belonging into a room so you can call it a home (or a cave). Haha... at least you have everything within you arm's reach! This little sweet prison of mine... which I will hopefully abandon and leave after 2 weeks from now. For now, I'll endure being its prisoner, semi-tortured by books and notes until my time is due. I will try to exhibit good conduct and behavior so I'll pass the trial and be free to face the real world. (not on patrol, but a fully free individual).

The room, during day 1 relocation to this room (no langsir yet).

p/s- Yes, Ill be leaving that hideous handmade table if anyone is wondering. :p

2 comments:

Ct AdAh said...

Salam..

munirah..wpun kecik sy rasa blk awk sngat comellllll..

wkt kecik2 dlu..sy suka wat compartment sy sndiri..ala2 khemah yg everything was inside..

eventhough it may look like a prison..once u feel comfortable inside it..so, it's ok dear..

p/s: rajin nya awak melakar bilik tu..hahaha~

drMyrisstyca said...

Wsalam.

Aah, okay je. It reminds me of the space dalam bilik kat dublin tu. Kan my bed is under that arch atas tangga tu. Its really feel like some sort of cave, the dark part of the room but somehow so cosy.

Now to think of it, bilik Illani then was smaller,kan?

At least we have a space to ourselves. And to think of it, kat PMC first time dpt a room to yourself so rasa sgt2 happy. Your own space.

Haha... pasal kerajinan melakar bilik tu, senang ke kalau guna MsPaint. Skrg MsPaint dah maju. Its so simple, its fun plak.

Sy ingat sy je ada perangai buat barang sendiri hehe... Kat skolah dulu ada satu tahun dpt locker kecik, around 25 x 25 inch. ape je muat. Mcm-mcm compartment sy buat pakai kotak haha. Skali kene spot check pengawas pun pelik...