Sunday, June 5, 2011

Catch, Hold, Release.

Assalamualaikum wbt...

Last night I allowed myself to catch up with an old friend.I was considerably busy, but I did not feel of letting go of the conversation. I didn't remember the last time we had a good chat. Though I could only appreciate her in words without visual or auditory stimuli, there was still the same heart I knew behind those words. The one capable of making the counterpart inside me did a little back-flip out of excitement. She reminded me, why I keep her dear.

Time does funny things to us. It make the meeting long ago a distant memory. With memory comes sentimental values. I think thats what making the past seems so cinematic. Its something you conjure out of your brain, then somehow you end up adding your own feelings to it, which form and reform the image. Can they really be that reliable? Bits and pieces I can recall, but perhaps not the whole picture. But that little pieces forms a string that ties our hearts together, albeit being loosened  by time. Its up to us to tug it up and strenghten back the bond.

We dont talk to each other daily or even weekly or monthly like the old times. Back then we will gossip, share our little secrets and fear and troubles,laugh and cry together. How lonely one's heart without another. Now we have our own persons, and life and responsibility. Now we start talking about life,  old times and old friends... we may not go back to where we were, but savouring the fact that with years we grow and our penumbra grows, I think its fine if we can still shine in each other's sky, even as a little star. We were each other's sunshine.

Congratulations on your coming little one,dear.

No comments: