Monday, July 26, 2010

A Baking Virgin... no more


Assalamualaikum wbt n hye....

The debut of my baking career is thoroughly pleasing me as my encouraging groupmates tasted the blackish "DARK" chocolate brownies. I'm lucky no one seemed septic looking after that. Still have to wait 1 day to count the incident of diarrhoea. But judging from the second round swarming mouths that waited while I was cutting the remaining of the pieces... I'm not picking up any enemy by making them taste this. I shouldn't, unless I was terribly bad. Conceived from Miss Adah's secret's fool-proof recipe, I have ensured that at least... it will be edible.

So Adah... great things are for sharing, right????

Let us rub off the secret in the name, and let the whole world try the goodness!

Ingredients
250g butter
1.5 cup of sugar (can reduce to 1 coz the choc is sweet)
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs
chopped hazelnuts
chopped choc / choc chips

How to???
1. Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolved.
2. Remove from heat
3. Sieve cocoa, flour, baking powder in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Add melted butter and sugar and eggs and hazelnut and choc
5. Stir happily and pour into greated tin.
6. Bake for 25-30 mins or less, don't let it burn!
7. SHARE!

I hope Miss Adah won't saman me for this.

Last nite I've forgotten the baking powder. It was agonising!!!! Because after 2 years of knowing about this secret recipi I felt like trying and bought all the ingredients (out of memory.... which is obviously dwinding..coz ...) I forgotten to buy the baking powder!!! So after interrogating my front door neighbour and found out they don't have baking powder, and going down to my local sundry shop to find out they also don't stock baking powder... it started raining cats and dogs outside and I started to wish that it rains baking powder.

So I go back to my readings and case write up... until 11 at night a lightbulb flickered at the periphery of my dim brain. Amy got self raising flour = plain flour + baking powder....

There you go... operation started. I actually tweaked a bit and put some almond powder in the mixture. (First time baking and already into tweaking...) I used Tudor Gold cocoa powder... the taste is real deep. I put a cut bar of milk chocolate that actually melted... note to self, don't use that anymore.... Next time should add choc chips! And maybe white chocs and milky bar or sumthing... Wonderlicious!

Im sorry to those who fast tadi... Im planning second round in near future. Now I understand Amy's feeling when she just can't stop trying to make eclairs. Maybe Ill learn cupcakes next. Yoohoo!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Yey, ure not a virgin anymore.lol.the brownies taste soo goood...im sure no one gonna get gastritis after eating it(except rosnal who was well known for his delicate stomach).keep up baking gal!

drMyrisstyca said...

Yayness! I know ur sweet sugarcoated comment is one of the sly tactics to actually keeps me baking --> bring to class --> you can eat,kan? I will satisfy that my dear.

So we have one possible casualty i have to follow up tomorrow... (oh rosnal please don't taint my records....)

Anne said...

yerpp..i did sweet talking to u on purpose..the sweeter i talk, the more cakes i can get!am i smart??haha.kidding.but if im worried about my abdominal girth, i should stop mengampu from now... :(

drMyrisstyca said...

As long as ur head circumference over abdominal circuference ratio is less than 1 I will still entertain you...

Unknown said...

muni, the recipe is not a secret and far it is from secret recipe because it's actually from one of the cookbooks that i bought in UK. Adah is famous for it because she bakes it so well and so frequent. sorry, but i just have to comment..huu..

oh, and if u want to know, the one with the secret is actually Marie Claire =P

Unknown said...

oh, and i didn't get to taste it. too bad. u owe me one yea ;)

drMyrisstyca said...

haha... Marie Claire does have potential to sue me. So Miss Adah's name will be associated to the brownies forever....

Yeah, when I did it I definitely thought it was a little bit too cakey and how Adah did it soo perfectly crunchy and yummy is still beyond me.

And yeah... I was cutting the brownies in surau and like... where is Illani and Adah ye... (suppose to be here usually....)... then they say its psych xm time... hehe... too bad.

Im definitely gonna have a second go, Illani. At least a special pieces for "special" ppls... hehe... After All, the 8th point in Adah's recipi is.... "Kasi kat orang Dublin....". So actually after all, if I can't reach the 8th step, the brownies is still not "finished".